Friday 18 September 2009

an apology


Yesterday's post left me feeling bad, like a shallow stagnant puddle with bits of my dignity rotting in it. I am not that frivolous. I AM NOT THAT GIRLY! I don't want this blog to turn into another one of those ooh look at this skirt isn't it pretty, what can I wear it with? blogs. Please help me to stop writing about boots and dresses! It is undignified. Who on earth is interested in the everyday things that I like? Sure, maybe I can write about odd things wax jackets or 1980s pixie boots, but I mustn't indulge too much. That said, I see a lot of nice things out there that might be interesting to at least some of you.

I promised a reader a few weeks ago that I'd write a post about my influences as an illustrator. Maybe I'll do that soon to get me back on track. There are a lot of things I would like to achieve before Christmas but I'm not getting them done if I spend all my time on eBay looking at shoes!

I have been working on some characters for a pitch. Here is one of them - he is the science correspondent for a really boring news channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment