Hi peeps. How are you? I've been a bad girl, I know. But I thought I'd pop by with another update of what I've been up to.
1) Last weekend was spent at one of my dearest friends' hen do in Oxfordshire. I ate a whole, and rather large, sea bass all by myself at The Swan at Southrop. It was delicious and indulgent. We went to beautiful Burford, where we had lots of scones and pottered around the little shops. I came home with a set of vintage butter knives, I couldn't help myself. It was a wonderful, snowy, cosy weekend full of laughter and great company. It's so good for me to get out and see friends. It reminds me that I'm not just an illustrating/baby-making machine.
2) I've been considering making a necklace like this one, from old brooches and bits of jewellery. I want something kooky, blingy and totally over the top to wear to a wedding in March, because I'll probably be wearing a plain black jersey dress over my burgeoning belly that will need some serious pepping up. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm currently stalking several job lots of vintage brooches on eBay and hoping for a bargain. Image from Lovejune on Etsy.
3) I'm currently working with some nice people at Oxford University on an animation. I don't know how much I can disclose, but it's been a fun challenge so far. The hard bit starts next week, when I start animating to a tight schedule.
4) It's that time of year when I should be thinking about what I should be growing in the garden. I've been lacking energy recently, and the cold snap has made spring seem like it's ages away yet, but it will be March before I know it and little seeds will have to be started. It's so exciting. I just need the husband to do any heavy work for me this year. We may even get chickens, but I think this is a fantasy.
5) I started baby and nursery pinboards on Pinterest. But have I bought anything yet? Uh. No. I'm kind of more interested in growing vegetables. Just kidding.
Hope you are all well.