Thursday 28 May 2009

a jaundiced lamb?


Well, as promised here's my prototype lamb. I would say she's the most 'proper' toy I've made yet, because she's actually based on the skeletal configuration of a real sheep and doesn't have silly eyes like most of my toys have had so far. I'm not so sure that she's particularly 'me' if that makes sense - I think maybe she should have the silly eyes and that would make her a Karen Cheung toy. Or something else - she's sweet, but probably not mad enough for me. And she's yellow because that's the fabric I have in the largest quantity and that I'm not likely to use other than for making smiley lemons :-) I'll work on it...

Alas, I've run out of stuffing, so friend-making will be put aside for a few days. Plus I got an animation job! I'm struggling horribly with ideas for that at the moment - you know, how clients so often want something so different from what I'd like to do, and usually something so CHEESY that I want to weep into my sketchbook. I digress. More on that project another time.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could put a noose round her neck or give her a mutant brother? :)

    Actually I think she's adorable just as she is. Are you sure you aren't getting broody though-all this toy making!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete