Friday 12 November 2010

Friday...


Yesterday in London was a long day. The interview went OK - you know how it is when you have so much to say, and so many ideas but there just isn't time (or you end up sounding like some rambling madwoman...)? I feel like I said most of what I wanted, but maybe I didn't get across how much I care about it all. It turns out that there are twenty-five animators going for just three films, to be made next year, so it will be tough to win the job. We will just have to wait and see.

To top it off, when I got back to Flint, which is twenty-five minutes drive away from home, it was blowing a gale, which was scary enough on the big roads, but when I was just three minutes from home, we were stopped on the road by the police telling us that a tree had fallen down ahead and was blocking the road. So I had to turn round and feel my way home in the driving wind and the dark, via some tiny country lanes littered with other, rather large remnants of tree. I was glad to get through the door safely, I tell you. But then the power cut out just after I'd washed my hair - so I went to bed cold, wet-haired and unable to sleep because a) the wind was too noisy, b) I'd just had a cup of tea and c) I'd eaten too much sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment