Thursday, 1 July 2010
The husband and I are teetering on the edge of big changes. For two years we have lived here and worked on our respective careers, enjoying being married and owning our own home. But things are about to go a bit mad around here - the husband finished working as a researcher in engineering at Cambridge Uni last Friday and has been at home with me for the last few days, trying out the wonderful feeling of being blissfully and temporarily unemployed. He will start work at the BBC in Manchester in September, so we are in each other's company until then. This means a few things:
1) I am likely not to make an appearance here when the weather is good and I have a day off.
2) I will eat much nicer lunches now that I have him to share them with.
3) We will be moving house soon - end of July, we hope.
4) We will be renting a house somewhere temporarily, which may depress me, because:
5) I STILL cannot sell my London flat. Until it is sold we can't buy another house. Buyers are very cautious right now. Grrrr.
6) We will be undertaking our first real and proper house move, with removal men and lots of boxes and a piano - I am already worrying about it.
7) I am distracted and can't seem to come up with anything interesting to say or draw.