Monday 18 October 2010

the weekend


We had a marvellous weekend involving more house-hunting (hopefully our last trip!), walking and eating. On Sunday we walked up to the ruins of Dinas Bran, perched high above the town of Llangollen. Our photos in no way do this place any justice - it was stunning up there, with immense views of the Dee Valley in one direction, and of England in the other. I think my poor camera just doesn't capture the sheer depth of the landscape.


After that, we went and gorged ourselves at the International Food Festival in Llangollen. I think I drank a little too much wild bramble liqueur amongst other things. I hope you had a good weekend too! I'll be back later with a drawing.

2 comments:

  1. ...don't forget to mention the hundredweight of various dry-cured, pork-related gorge-grub we brought home from the festival. At least we don't have to buy any salami for a while!

    Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was slightly reluctant to mention the pork products - mildly embarrassed. I see salami as a kind of spiritual weakness! x

    ReplyDelete