Tuesday 14 July 2009

auction action


Well, the catalogue for the Willingham Auctions next weekend is up online. Nothing much to see apart from the usual load of furniture that we no longer have room for. One thing that did catch my eye was this 22 inch wall clock. It's in a bit of a state, but I think oversized industrial clocks are fun. I wonder if I could take it apart and clean it myself? Kind of irrelevant, given the estimate of £60-120 - I think it'll reach the higher end, which I suppose I would pay, but it would cause deep and lasting wounds to the miser inside me. We shall just have to wait and see.

On the other hand, there are plenty of items that deserve the Cleo Mussi treatment, in my opinion. Like these *ahem* delightful Staffordshire horrors:



*edit* on second thoughts, I think I would probably like to give someone a lot of money for that clock or something similar...

No comments:

Post a Comment