Monday 21 September 2009

the weekend...

was charitable. We went scouring out local charity shops for stuff. I bought a pickled onion jar that I think the husband secretly hates and a small pile of books to keep me happy.

Otherwise I did very little. I have a burgeoning list of things to do but I feel lethargic and can't be bothered to address them yet. All I can think of is buying boots on eBay. It's tragic - the mound of work grows but footwear reigns supreme here.

I can't quite believe it's nearly autumn. What the hell happened to summer? We had maybe two weeks of blistering sunshine and we stupidly got all optimistic that it wouldn't rain all summer again. OK, so it didn't rain too much but the sun vanished some time in early July and never bothered to come back: it couldn't be arsed I guess. Buggered off on holiday in Italy. That said, we've had a beautiful weekend here. I love the different light you get at this time of year and the mist that hangs in the air. I can't wait to wear my wax jacket with a floral dress, chunky boots and legwarmers.


My pumpkins are coming along nicely, although I left too many on the plant and now they are all tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment