Monday 28 June 2010

Norfolk coast


The husband and I went on a jaunt to the north coast of Norfolk on Saturday. We have been blessed with glorious weather these last few days, and were glad to have had the chance to get outdoors to enjoy it. The landscape in Norfolk is so special - with its stunning, gleaming mudflats, acres of saltmarsh and the vast blue bowl of the sky above. It feels like the end of the world in places - where the land simply disappears over the edge of the sea defences, and there is nothing else to be seen but swathes of grass and water. Photographs can't capture the sound of the boats' clinking hardware at Brancaster Staithe and the gorgeous sea-smell of the place, nor the way the wind was whipping fiercely across the land all day. It was so peaceful, despite the holidaying hordes on Wells beach, where a walk to the distant, distant waves takes you far away from those chattering people and into an almost surreal other place. It was magical. I hope you had a good weekend too.






Last picture was taken by the husband.

I brought along my parents' ancient Soligor camera to shoot some pictures on film for the first time in years. One day I will get them developed and see how they come out. I am no photographer, but I like to play anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I love your descriptions. I can smell that sea-smell right now! x

    ReplyDelete