Thursday 10 June 2010

auction action

It's been a while since we've been to an auction. The main reason for this is because we will be moving house this summer, potentially into rented accommodation for a few months, and I am on a house spending hiatus. I tell you, it's killing me. I cannot WAIT to have a new home to play with, but this may be a while away yet.

However, I couldn't help but sneak a peek at the Modern Design auction at TW Gaze's in Diss, Norfolk, that is taking place this Saturday. Here's a selection of items that caught my eye, but there is much more in the catalogue, and lots unphotographed! Sadly we will be up in Yorkshire visiting the husband's family so I can't even go there to stroke these things :-( Of course you can bid remotely but as I said, I'm not buying!


Clockwise from top left: Holger Georg Jensen for Kubus teak table, £50-70; 1930s slatted chairs, £40-60; rosewood sideboard, £200-300; AEG desk top fan, type NTVU - 2 designed by Peter Behrens, £30-40.


Clockwise from top left: cocoon pendant light fitting, £30-40; aluminium tulip base dining table with circular rosewood finish top, £250-350; Eames Chair, £600-900; Poul Henningson designed DH5 lamp for Louis Poulsen, £60-90; Gunnar Nylund for Nymolle of Denmark, a blue glazed bottle vase, £45-65.

No comments:

Post a Comment