Thursday 15 October 2009

Anthropologie opens in London


One of the stores I wished to visit on our recent trip to New York was Anthropologie - such whimsical, pretty store styling and products simply had to be seen. I came away from the 5th Avenue shop with four pretty cake plates that really brighten up breakfast, and a tiny pink striped rice bowl (oh, and a cardigan too!). I have been coveting their beautiful crockery for months now, and at last I won't have to travel across the pond to get my mitts on it (nor pay an arm and a leg in P&P).

Now I hear that they are opening up shop at 158 Regent Street in London next week (23rd October). Whoop! I can't wait to go and have a look and to touch those bowls. They sell such feminine stuff - not to everyone's taste, of course, but a bit of floral girliness never hurt anyone. I like the backlash against boring, stiff minimalism - I'm all for pattern, colour and lots of both, please!


I have loved this clock from afar for ages. Silly thing that it is, I still think it is witty and a lot better than a real one, which would annoy the hell out of me. Shame I still can't afford it! Maybe I'll knit my own. Oh, hang on, I can only knit scarves...

No comments:

Post a Comment