Friday 21 August 2009

stuff and nonsense

Still have lots of courgettes... running out of ideas. I think there are more in the garden to cut today, but I hardly dare to look. There they will be, a pair of them or more, smiling up at me in challenge. I think Nigella Lawson has a recipe for a courgette cake... let me find it... here. Worth a try, I think.


This weekend is our first wedding anniversary! I can't quite believe it. We are doing nothing. Absolutely NOTHING. Which right now seems to be the most luxurious thing in the world. Well, I lie - we are going to a friend's party in London tonight to drink a bucketful of cocktails, then we will pass out drunk, stay overnight and return home the next day to do nothing. Well, I lie again. We are going to an antiques fair on Sunday. I'll post up anything good that I find.

It was nice to see that I appeared on Share Some Candy last month. Thanks!

Have a good weekend, kids.

2 comments:

  1. Grate them and cook them with shit loads of butter (serve like spinach). And poss some kind of seasoning. Thats what my aunt and grandma do. Yummmy.

    Stuff big marrowy ones with bolognese (meat and tomato) with slices of cheese on top, wrap in foil and bake.

    Courgette cake (or zucchini cake) is popular in Canada-tasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat. I think I'll try those :-)

    ReplyDelete